Tuesday, August 7, 2007
Planning Meeting Update
Tonight five of us (Aunt Fran, Debbie, Monica, Bethaney and me) met to keep the balls up in the air. Monica will work on the invitation and get it in the mail this week. We also got kielbasa & sauerkraut, stuffed cabbages (halupki to some of us), and stuginina (hopefully) covered. Combining this with the halushki from my mom and Frank, we have the makings of a very mid-European feast. All I want to know is who's bringing the chow chow?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Just to add another note to Loretta's blog, we thought we would go with an "ethnic theme" for our reunion and display our Polish, Czech and Slovakian pride. Although many of you have incorporated other heritages into your families over the years, we want to focus on these main three. I will do some research into these areas and make sure the theme is incorporated. If anyone has any ideas they would like to pass on to me, please email me.
Well, I gotta ask - What's stuginina?
Since you asked, I think it translates roughly to jellied pigs feet.
A post from Barb (Kopec) Blackstone...
we are 3 planning to come, thanks for the map. like i said on the phone, i'll try to bring cookies. Toots did all the ethnic cooking when we were little, mom didn't do much, so i don't know how either.
Post a Comment